About the Meyers Scholarship
Deadline for applications: Friday, March 29, 2013. Please click here to download a 2013 Meyers Scholarship Application.
Individuals serving not-for-profit organizations want and need to develop their knowledge and skills; however, many cannot afford the cost of professional development. The AFP Genesee Valley Chapter is committed to helping its members and volunteers achieve their full potential.
The Meyers Scholarship Fund was started by the AFPGV Board of Directors in honor of Daniel M. Meyers, and his contributions to the fundraising profession, when he was recognized as "International Fundraising Executive of the Year" by AFP in 2000.
Click here to view previous AFPGV Meyers Scholarship winners.
This year, the Fund is offering scholarships to attend its Great Lakes Regional Conference on April 18, 2013.
Meyers Scholarship Applicant Criteria:
1. A completed scholarship application including required signatures.
2. A brochure or annual report which describes the organization.
3. A completed conference registration form (if one is not available at the time of your application,
it will be forwarded to you once your application is received).
4. A one-page listing of two to five professional development objectives to be met as a result of attending the conference.
- The applicant has not previously received a scholarship to an AFP Conference.
- Only one individual from the same organization may be selected.
- Each applicant selected will receive a scholarship that will cover the entire conference registration fee.
- The applicant must be a fundraising professional, or an active volunteer, for a 501(c)(3) organization.
- If a candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of his/her time must be devoted to fundraising (please state amount of time in writing).
- Only applicants in the greater Rochester area served by the AFP Genesee Valley Chapter are eligible to apply.
- AFP membership is not required, but preference will be given to AFP members.
All Meyers Scholars are encouraged to make a donation to the Meyers Fund through AFP Genesee Valley Chapter so that the Fund continues to grow and benefit others.
For more information, contact Julie Murawski, AFPGV Scholarship Committee Chair, at 585-244-8400, x182 or email@example.com; or contact the Chapter Office at 585-586-7810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Chamberlain Scholarship / International Conference Scholarship
Deadline for Applications: October 12, 2012
Click here to download an Application
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy and the AFP Genesee Valley Chapter are proud to offer a $1,000 Chamberlain Scholarship to the 2013 International Conference on Fundraising. The conference will be held in San Diego, California, from April 7-9, 2013 and is a wonderful opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in fundraising. For more information about the conference, please visit http://conference.afpnet.org.
The Chamberlain Scholarship is $500 - named in honor of Ralph E. Chamberlain, CFRE. Mr. Chamberlain had a long and distinguished career of service to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), beginning in the 1960s and until his death in 1999. Mr. Chamberlain’s dedication to AFP never faltered. Because of his long-time support of the Foundation’s annual fund and a generous planned gift, the AFP Board of Directors renamed their Conference Scholar Program in 2000 to honor Mr. Chamberlain’s memory and commitment to the Association.
The Chamberlain Scholarship is made up of $615 from International AFP and $1000 from the AFP Genesee Valley Chapter, providing a total $1,615 scholarship to this conference, with one easy application.
The Chamberlain Scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time is devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP (or NSFRE) International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant.
- Candidate agrees to complete an online Evaluation Form about his or her experience at the International Conference.
- Application Deadline: Monday, October 12, 2012.
- Recipient of the Chamberlain Scholarship will be notified by Friday, October 26, 2012.
- All Chamberlain Scholars qualify for the “early bird” conference registration rate, regardless of when they register. A registration fee of $10 is the responsibility of the recipient.
- Chamberlain Scholars are responsible for registering themselves for the Conference and for making all travel and lodging arrangements by using a special Chamberlain Scholar Registration Form which will be provided.
- The scholarship grant will be paid directly to the International Conference registration. All scholars must register themselves for the International Conference using the Chamberlain Scholar registration form provided to them by AFP International Headquarters in their notification packets.
If you have questions, please contact the AFPGV Scholarship Committee Chairperson Julie Murawski via phone at 585-244-8400, x182, or email at email@example.com